Dark-Sider
X1 driver
Germany
Rep
Drives: X1 1.8d sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeckerJnr View Post
Cons:
Lights - can't believe that a £30k+ motor does not have auto-lights as standard. Turning head-lights on and off should not have to be done manually at this level.
In Germany the auto-lights come with the rain sensor for the wipers. You can configure your lights in your iDrive menu to always stay on. Then, play around with your light switch it should suffice to put it in the "0" postion (12 o'clock) and the light goes on when you start the engine - and goes off when you stop it. You also could try the "A" option on your light switch (if present) at 11 o'clock.

Quote:
Mirrors - paid extra for folding mirrors, yet they don't auto-fold on locking (my mothers 7yr old A-class has this as standard), why not? Can this be added?
BMW says, that auto-folding the mirrors on each external "door-lock-event" will stress the folding-motors too much. AFAIK they had a similiar problem in another series, the folding motors just went to smoke regularily. BUT in Asia the mirrors fold automatically. So for my knowledge there are individual BMW "coders" that can enable the option for a small fee. I don't know if there are any in your contry / near your location.

Quote:
SatNav - no postcode entry??? My old £99 Garmin from Argos could do this!
I rember this coming up earlier in this forum. German Post-Codes work very well - if you are from the UK it might be that your alphanumeric zips mess it up. Nothing that BMW can't solve with a firmware update. I just use the speech recognition for my nav destinations. You can say your entire destination in one sentence and the sat nav really recognizes it very well!

bye
Darky
Appreciate 0