Thread: X28 sport or M?
View Single Post
      11-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #17
Peckhammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 M-Sport

I just went through this quandary, and I drove all the lines, and tried an m-sport with 19" rims and one with 18" rims.

My significant other and I both preferred the m-sport with 18" wheels. Some of this decision was based on the look, but most of it came down to the suspension and handling. It's firm, but on most roads it's not too harsh. The sport seats really help with that.

I found that the sport-line had a bit of a wallow to it under quick/hard cornering. The m-sport did not, and we are both satisfied with the ride. We took a spirited ride today and I was effortlessly drifting the car through corners. This car handles fantastic and inspires confidence. My drive today also included a gravel forest service road. I have no regrets on getting the m-sport.

That said, I took my 77 year old dad for a ride last weekend when he visited us in Seattle. I could tell that he was not as comfortable as he would have been in his CRV. And he was definitely uncomfortable when riding in the back seat, which was a direct result of the suspension.

I know Boston well, so I could understand someone wanting the standard suspension if they are mostly commuting in the city, and/or they are never going to push the car hard in corners. As others have stated, you should take a sport-line and an m-sport on Boston's harshest road as well as some highways and base your decision on the results.
Appreciate 0