10-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
Bill B.
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2, '13 X135i '15 S1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx1 View Post
Going down long roads at night where deer lurk just off the road when you have lights coming from the sideview mirrors is a little annoying...

but in 5-10 years if our gas prices became like Europes I'd probably be hating the mpg. But I see the 5.3s 0-60 on the xDrive35i (Isn't it also a similar twin scroll turbo, just on a v6?) compared to the 6.3s on the xDrive but I'm really not sure when 1s would make a difference, any scenarios other than racing or bragging rights where 6.3 wouldn't be fast enough but 5.3 would?

For some reason I have in my memory that power seats are usually the first thing to fail on a bmw...

I really which you could retro fit adaptive xenon lamps and dimming exterior sideview mirrors for under $2k, I'd do that in a heartbeat and just go for the xDrive28i.
Yeah, dimming sideviews are nice.

The N55 is a straight 6, and is a fantastically smooth.

For me, the N55 advantage was acceleration at higher speed, i.e. overtaking at highway speeds.

In all my BMWs, every single one having power seats, I never had a problem. If you are the only driver, then you'll use them a few times and probably hardly ever use them again.

If you absolutely must have Xenons (I do) you've gotta spec them, as a retrofit is horribly expensive.
Appreciate 0