12-14-2010, 05:00 AM   #64
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest View Post
I am a 52 year old American and I'm proud to say the largest car I've ever owned has been a 2000 subaru Outback wagon. I've been awaiting the X1 for about 5 years now (since I first heard of rumors) precisely because it seems to be the perfect compromise between utility and handling that I'm looking for to replace my Outback. Granted, I've never owned any car withOUT a manual transmission, have never used cup holders, and weigh the same as I did in high school so I'm not typical.
No offence intended, sorry. I have spent may weeks driving through the states and realy enjoy it. On average I am there every year. Went to Tahoe in January for some skiing and loved it. When there I do tend to avoid the large SUV's as rentals and normally go for something german (had a 325i last time). I would say that the X1 is smaller than a Outback. As Gatekeeper says above, its not a SUV. In fact I would guess that a Outback has more offroad ability. Onroad handling with light offroad ability, imo, its superior to a Impreza, the only Suburu I have driven extensively.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela

Last edited by mario486; 12-14-2010 at 05:06 AM..
Appreciate 0