View Single Post
      08-11-2015, 10:04 PM   #36
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
I said yes, I have ran stiffer shocks than the HDs with soft springs and still bottomed out.
You're setup had a fraction of the suspension travel of the one's we're talking about. Nor the same spring rates, nor the same dampening. So again, you have no basis for making this statement beyond VERY broad generalizations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
I hope your new dampers fix your problem, I really do. But I have zero faith they will. And I can promise you it will not solve the rear instability.
I said nothing of instability in the rear end. I said the car was underdamped. A common problem when running a stiff spring without a correspondingly stiffer shock. This is a problem typically solved by stiffening up the dampers.

The bit of rear-end play in all E90 cars is largely (albeit not completely) addressed by subframe bushings, which I installed last week. Not that wifey cared all that much anyway. But they're really a must on all of these cars for anyone caring about this sort of thing.
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)
Appreciate 0