06-13-2015, 07:52 AM   #17
BlueMaxx
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 xDrive35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
True, if you compensate softer shocks with harder springs, or drive slowly. Else wheels hitting bumps will get airborne, and that doesn't give a lot of grip.
And for uncambered turns and cresting hilltops, you really don't want too soft a suspension. Both not too uncommon occurrences up here in the northeast.

But all in all, it's not a bad car for challenging roads. It's no Evo, Impreza or Skoda WRC car, but it is probably one of the better BMWs for tough roads since the E36.
The new X1 is a big step in the wrong direction, I feel. With a FWD base, drive-by-wire and no i6 engine, where's the fun going to be?

I agree with Grovsnus. I bought a 2015 X1 xDrive35i M Sport a few weeks ago and just joined the forum. The car is fantastic and I think the ride on rough roads is incredible. I can't imagine the ride being any smoother! My other rides are a Porsche 911 C4 and Boxster S, both with Bilstein PSS9 suspension. Those cars are sharper in the handling department, but the ride on rough roads is punishing. I guess it's just what you are used to! The X1 M Sport is one smooth and subtle ride to me!
Appreciate 0