View Single Post
      07-17-2015, 09:44 AM   #7
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
Give me a break on the Cadillac talk, they can't give away their cars. Do yourself a favor and research, ATS sales down about 18% ytd and the "new" CTS down over 40% ytd. Your theory unfortunately is DOA. What Cadillac sells is an aircraft carrier sized Escalade that handles like a 1970 Buick and a 7 year Old SRX that is extremely outdated. You are entitled to your opinion but if what you say is true they would be selling the shit out their cars and not selling their SUV's.
Driving dynamics and desirability alone do not drive sales; Cadillac does not sell due to other factors like an interior that is still not up to par with competitors and a horrible CUE system.

But they win every comparo, and everyone I know in my age group (late 20's young professionals) would rather drive an ATS-V or CTS-V than anything BMW makes. There really isn't a single new car in BMW's lineup that interests me or most of my friends, other than possibly the M2. Cadillac is beginning to succeed in turning around their brand perception due to a focus on aggressively marketing their performance characteristics. Do some research yourself and google their brand turnaround.
Appreciate 0