08-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #13
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlm50 View Post
Grovsnus, I didn't quite understand your comment about the BMW Apps. What wiring are you referring to? I'm assuming you are saying I might as well get it because the center console is pretty worthless even without it. Correct? Also, aside from the paint chips, do you like the Lemans color on the car? Did you get black or beige interior?
There's wiring for phones/ipods going from the stereo to the center console, which is only installed if you choose "BMW Apps". But even without it, you get a phone tray which you can't use even if you purchase one of the expensive model-specific phone brackets, because you lack the wiring.
Due to how it's constructed, it's useless for holding small things like coins and pens - they'll get stuck, or fall out. You can cram a pocket size pack of Kleenex in it, and that's it.

The compartment under the (useless without BMW apps) phone tray has what looks like a cup holder, but is storage for the external cup holder. It has a wide slot in the bottom which makes it less than ideal for storage, as small things (coins, guitar picks, keys) will fall down the slot and into parts of the car you can't get to.

I got the Coral Red interior, and love it.
Apart from the paint on the plastic parts flaking off, I love the LeMans blue. It gets a teal sheen to it in sunlight, and a purple sheen to it at night. I certainly think it looks much better than The Other Car that comes in bright blue (Subaru WRX):

Last edited by Grovsnus; 08-22-2013 at 08:18 AM..
Appreciate 0