08-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #9
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlm50 View Post
I haven't seen Lemans Blue in person, but it looks quite bright online. I usually like deep blue colors, but not sure I like it on the X1. Glacier White is a possibility, although a bit boring. Don't like gray. Could go with the Orange. It's a bit of a statement. But I saw one in person, and it actually looked really good and not too screaming. Probably will stay with 18" 355 wheels and performance tires. Considering the 19" performance wheels/tires, but I'm worried about both ride and wheel damage on rough New England roads.

Any suggestions or feedback?
If I were to buy it again, I would go with white. I hate white, but I hate even more how the plastic parts on the car are white anyhow, and the paint cracks and chips all on its own (no exerior damage), exposing the white plastic underneath.
The dealer won't fix it, even with the paint protection plan, "cause it's not caused by bird droppings or tree sap".

And yes, 18" is bad enough if you go anywhere near the Springfield area, where paving was something that happened when Clinton was president.

Other hints: "BMW Apps" isn't just software, as the sales page leads you to believe. It is also wiring for the center console. And without it, you still get the cell phone tray which pretty much prevents you from using the center console from storage in any meaningful way, and you can't even charge your phone there.

The dark crosshatch aluminum is nice, but it gets wicked hot in the sun.
Appreciate 0