View Single Post
      02-02-2014, 02:55 PM   #16
halfmoonclip
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 28i

I'm going to post this here as well as in the original thread where I asked the question....
To adjust the Xenon lights:
-there is an opening just outboard of the rubber bumpers that support the hood; this on the black crossmember that mounts the radiator under the hood
-in the bottom of this opening is a white nylon screw that will accept either a 6mm Allen key, a straight screwdriver or a Phillips
-counterclockwise raises the aim of the lights; do all adjustments with the low beams
-a cinderblock wall is ideal, using the courses of block to align the left and right light vertically
-only raise the lights a little and try them; too much and oncoming drivers will be unhappy
-adjust them so that the the horizontal cutoffs align; the driver's side was noticeably low on mine after an accident and repairs; not sure how they were from the factory
-the sharp cutoff reduces bounceback in sloppy weather, but it is an acquired taste; lights set too low and you will be able to overdrive them
-the self-adjusting feature should keep a full load from blinding oncoming drivers
Moon
Appreciate 0