View Single Post
      10-26-2010, 10:19 AM   #66
mozdal
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep
Drives: E84 & F20 & F10

Gentlemen,

I finally got the TSB for the fix. Unfortunately, I can't upload the document to the internet but I'll write here in detail.

-Action No: 200915
-Fix No: 0051610200 ( Also says special breakdown number)

-Topic: Windshield rubber band may tear apart while using pressurized car washing equipment or when driven at fast speeds.(which was my case)

-Impact: Torn apart rubber band will cause rattling sound while driving. Rubber band may tear apart side to side in some cases.(happened to me)

-Precaution: Windshield rubber band must be repaired.

-Procedure: 6 spacers must be attached to edge side behind the rubber band. That fills the space between rubber band and the sheet iron.

-Positioning of the spacers: First pair of spacers must be aligned 6 cm further from each edge. Remaining 4 must be aligned with same distance, between other two.

-Spacers must be attached with a proper tool.(Small lever)

-Be careful not to attach the spacers above where the curve of the edge starts.

-After all 6 spacers are attached be careful there is no spaces or curves on the edge rubber of the rubber band.

-Part Number of the spacers: 07147167864 (Self Adhesive Spacers) Quantity: 6

I also have a hard copy of the document, but its written in Turkish. What I realized is that the descriptive photos are from the production line and only difference between our faulty cars and the others is that they attach the spacer at the factory.

That was the exact translation of the document, step by step.

I can scan and PM the document to those who want to see the pictures, but they have to promise me not the share the document on internet, or I have the risk that my advisor won't give me any info again in the future

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0