View Single Post
      04-28-2014, 10:32 AM   #7
Kennyboy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 Xdrive 28i

Sounds like a nice deal. Got my Xline, premium package, cold weather package and tech package for $40K. I took it from the dealer's lot, and it did not come with the lighting package, which was the worst part of my purchase. Without the packages the car is just not worth buying...the base trim came with nothing, no exterior upgrades, no 18 or 19 inch rollers, no power seats, no heated steering wheel and seats, no nice looking interior, no navi, no bluetooth connectivity, no dimming mirror, no moon light window, etc...I mean, even a Corolla S is loaded with more feature, and for the same base price I could have bought a WRX STi hatchback, if I'm just into performance with a bit cargo space. A BMW should be a blend between luxury and performance, and you gotta buy the optional things to obtain the luxury side of it. The X1 is way overpriced even at its base price for the performance it offers, stripping all its luxury features. Only by getting the packages, you could make it a well-balanced purchase any way. And it turns out to be a very handsome deal at that price, compared to any other BMW models with the N20 and ZF 8 Speed, and the only one that retains the HPS with these.
Appreciate 0