View Single Post
      07-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #65
mullini
Mullini
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 BEV

Monday I returned to Los Angeles from San Francisco/East Bay area in my sDrive28. Used EcoPro on highway and a lot of cruise control at about 75. I decided to stop and fill up a little over halfway home, with over half a tank left.

The pump stopped at 6.25 gallons, and I had done 246 miles at that point. When I got home I picked up the calculator. 39+MPG!

BUT - then I had to wonder - did I check to see that the tank was actually full after pumping gas? I didn't. When I first had the car, the first few times I gassed up I would have to make sure I got a fill-up, because sometimes the pump would switch off prematurely. But that's been months, and the X1 always fills up at auto pump shut-off now.

But I suppose 39 is unusually high enough to indicate that it must not have been a complete fill up.

I won't fill up again for several days. And I am back in LA now, and more "city" driving. But if that next fill-up calculations seem low, that would probably verify that I didn't really fill the tank yesterday.

By the way, on my trip computer, my car now has - since purchase - an average speed of just over 35 mph and average of MPG of exactly 28! Coming up on 9000 miles. So happy overall.
Appreciate 0