06-27-2014, 06:32 PM   #50
Eric5273
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenInCND View Post
I'm not sure I would ever buy another BMW, this is my first (2014 X1), and it is a very nice vehical. But there are a few things with the experience that really bugs me. Mostly to do with the options packages, and how the vehical is equipped. I bought a BMW because I want to be pampered, I want all the options, and I expect the best quality.

I can't believe a luxury vehical hasn't got a vanity light in the visor mirror, or XM radio isn't included in the base package. The so called heated seats and steering wheel could be left on all the time as they are barely noticeable. My up graded power seats with two memory setting hasn't got a lumbar adjustment, why would you have three trim levels of seats. I have the parking package but no back up camera? The rear seat armrest is carpeted, but in Europe it's has a nice console, and it's not available here at any price, Really!! Why??

Most of theses options are standard in North American, and Japanese autos at 1/2 the price.

I won't be buying a Japanese car, for the simple reason, I believe other country's build vehicals every bit as good, and workers in other country's need jobs to. But after my experience with BMW might be my last. May be MB next time.
When I sit back and analyze the way you do here, it makes perfect sense to get another car besides BMW. And then I go out and start test driving the different cars and I end up with another BMW. The others just don't drive the same.
Appreciate 0