View Single Post
      12-07-2013, 12:01 AM   #18
Lord Helmet
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1

Pickup these 17" Rials with RFT Blizzaks 225/55R17, including the TPMS sensors and BMW center caps from a local Craigslist seller tonight! 29 offset. I was about to click the buy button on tirerack.com for almost the exact same set and at the last minute I thought... I'll just check Craigslist one more time. I'm glad I did! These things are like brand new with only 3k miles on them. I'm please as punch!

Also, for what it's worth I cannot recommend driving on snow and ice with 19" PZeros even with XDrive. lol. Since I knew I couldn't get the winters installed in time for the storm, I had the wife drive my Saab 97x with Blizzaks and I drove the X1. While I was quite surprised at how well it did with the summer tires on it, stopping the it was "entertaining". I just kept my distance and was always prepared with an "exit plan". I used Eco Pro mode to keep from throwing too much power down at all times. That, mixed with the traction control system, steering and getting it moving was a breeze. It was stopping that was most problematic. Driving with the summer shoes installed was no big deal for me but I would never put my wife in that situation. I had fun with it; although at one point it crossed my mind that even with the PZeros on it, I doubted I could get it to do doughnuts. I didn't try. lol

I'm completely stoked with my score!

Last edited by Lord Helmet; 04-21-2014 at 08:25 AM..
Appreciate 0