View Single Post
      11-05-2015, 02:10 PM   #4
rps
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1

I am certainly not an expert, but from everything I have read, the center of the windscreen is the optimal mounting location. The detector has an unobstructed view to the front and rear. When an officer points laser at your vehicle they usually aim for the headlights. With the detector high on the windscreen, it is more difficult for it to receive laser. If they are focused on your vehicle, you will probably not receive an alert. If however, they are focused on cars in front of you or shooting from an overpass, you should get an alert from the scattered beam.

The other problem with the suction cup mount here in Florida, is that cars get very hot when they are parked in the sun. I have seen temps as high as 130 degrees upon getting back into my car. I have returned to my vehicle three times to find the detector hanging by the hard wire with the suction mount attached to the detector. The last time it fell, it hit the dash and the front cover of the detector was found next to the drivers seat on the floor.