Alpha Centauri
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: Merdeces-Benz B200 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTECH.au View Post
Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I wish my first post could be about something positive.

I ordered my X1 23d (Auto) in July 2010 for a November build so I would receive it in Jan 2011 when the lease on my other car expried. Sure enough, all was going well, I even tracked the car all the way to Australia. So finally after all the wait I picked my new baby up this afternoon and to my horror it does not have paddles on the steering wheel. I know that there have been some MY11 changes since I placed my order, but in both the original brochure AND the current one, paddles are standard on Automatic 23ds. I didn't want to leave the car at the dealer after all the waiting so I brought it home, but I am not quite sure what to do now. I've been a manual driver forever and one of the main reasons I bought the X1 (23d was Auto only when I ordered it in July) was because of the paddles. I am sure that BMW made a mistake when they built my car but now I am wondering what my options are.

After I came home, I checked both versions of the brochure and they both say paddles included. I am going to get in touch with my dealer tomorrow to see what we can do but I am hoping one of you BMW experts might have some advice.

Does anyone know if the paddles can be retrofitted to the car? Other than the paddles, I am happy with the car, but I am not sure if I can live with it for the next 3 years as a plain "automatic".

Thanks in advance everyone.
B.

By the way, it's a 23d Auto, Sapphire Black, 18" 322 Y-spoke, Performance Control/Sports Suspension, Prof Nav, Front/Rear PDC w/ Camera, Design Cool Elegance, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi Spk - Today should have been a happy day!
First of all, congratulations on your new X1!

As others have mentioned, the paddles will lose their novelty very quickly. But they were indeed listed as a standard feature for your model according to the sales material, and you made your decision to purchase based on that information given to you. I really hope the dealership will duly compensate you accordingly.
Appreciate 0