11-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #16
HotRodW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2013X1 View Post
Update: BMW ordered some 'loop' and when I got the car back waiting for the part to arrive, I no longer had satellite radio or was able to set any radio presets (but that was fine before I initially took it in). Took it back last Thursday after the part came in. Now they tell me they cannot 'find' the satellite radio and it was like it was never even an option. Heard late yesterday it is a missing software issue with the iDrive and they need to be in contact with BMW Corporate to reprogram. They've had the car for 5 days so far and doubtful it will be done today.
My X1 is currently without sat radio as well. I had it in the shop last Monday to change the default on the Auto Start, and on the drive home realized the Sirius XM was completely disabled. I took the car back Friday to have the malfunctioning TPM module replaced and sat problem diagnosed, and was told the sat radio problem is a result a software issue, and that a fix was in the works. The download was expected to happen over the weekend, so they just kept the car. Sadly, the download was unsuccessful, so it's still sitting in the shop awaiting the update.

Adding insult to injury, the TPM system is still malfunctioning as well. They're blaming that problem on the sensors I purchased from Tire Rack with my winter wheels and tires. The sensors are the correct frequency, and I've gotten no logical explanation for why they aren't communicating. So now I have to spend another $550 to have BMW sensors overnighted and installed. Everything is suppose to be completed today. We'll see ...
Appreciate 0