View Single Post
      10-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #38
misterbeemer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92, E46 M3, E39 M5, 750Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula M View Post
If u cannot see the other couple^... then perhaps the one couple u see is the ONLY couple BMW is marketing that car to. Honestly, the demographic for that model has to be a total of 8 people.

Bcuz sitting up mountainside on the ski slop, cooking food (alone) is why everyone must buy this X!... right?

Has BMW ever followed what people do on Sunday tailgating before a football game..?

So ignorant it hurts..

I wonder... do cross-country skiiers get the orange jambox too... or do they get a different color? What about snowmobile'ers... Moutain bikers.. is BMW going to come out with an X1 for each sport than might use their BMW..? Paintball version, surfing version..

What about BMW marketing department getting in touch with Home Depot and making a HD version so that we look real kewl when we pick up mulche & shrubs at Home Depot.

Hey BMW, what about a "Driver's" version.. with 6 manual..?
You're right. BMW has watered down the brand so much it isn't exciting to see what they come up with. Even the M cars are not so special any more. Their new cars just don't do to me what they did 15-20 years ago. Look at the rumored 2er Grand Coupe, for instance. BMW is aiming to satisfy a demographic that wants a sleek small car pretending to be a coupe, but can't afford the bigger 3 series! Wow. How about a competitor to the Smart and the Toyota Scion iQ?

They should absolutely come up with BMW X1/X2/X3/X4/X5/X6 editions for farmer, ranch, ski, hiking and camping, biking, tailgating, soccer moms, etc., each with different graphics. I'm sure there's a demographic large enough that wants those.

I'm one of the demographic that is slowly moving away from BMW...after having 5 BMWs in the family...next car is most likely the Jaguar F-Type V8 S. It evokes feelings that BMWs of yesteryear did.
Appreciate 0