Thread: Fog Lights
View Single Post
      01-12-2015, 11:41 AM   #13
Nova Rounder
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 xdrive 28i M Sport

I have replaced just now the driver side... yes it's easy to take out air filter then access the bulb from behind the housing, at this point everything you do is by feel, you wont be able to see what you are doing... I managed to loosen up the bulb and replace it with the yellow Xenesis I just got, please please wear gloves!!! cut up my hand without even knowing it until it's all bloodied. Took me a while to screw lock back the bulb cause you cant see what you are doing and everything has to be done by feel... have to check up front to see if bulb is aligned and put back correctly, finally after 4 times of trying, got it aligned lock screwed right!

and now for the passenger side, did what a site shows in the video how to replace that side.... turn the wheel fully inward (to the left) then go underneath and access the panel cover under the fender by unscrewing 3 bolts that holding it, done that and the cover does not fully give when I try to push it in like the video suggests.... had to put them all back again cause I'll be late for a doctor's appointment..

stay tune cause I have to go back and have to replace the passenger side... dont think it will look good with one yellow and one white fog lamps connected right now... if any of you guys have suggestion on accessing the passenger side better or maybe I'm not completely doing it right please feel free to suggest, help or critic.... thanks

BTW, have 2015 MSport x28

Last edited by Nova Rounder; 01-12-2015 at 11:51 AM..
Appreciate 0