View Single Post
      12-17-2020, 07:35 PM   #11
solidsleeper
solidsleeper
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 35i xDrive 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpAndCunning View Post
uhm.... this is the saddest thing I think i've ever heard.

A lot of people lose water pumps between 40k and 60k miles, you're saying the oil pans are only going to last 40-60k miles? That's absurd.
saddest? have you read through the e90post forum? there's some sadder things on there that you could read about ....

40-60k and a 6-7yr old car it could be likely you'd see some oil seepage, but does it warrant to replace it? If you're losing a lot of oil and have to add lots of oil between changes then maybe (check valve cover gasket/oil filter housing gaskets first). I don't think e36addict is suggesting it's necessary to change the oil pan gasket, probably just recommending it if you're already DIY'ing your water pump since you're down there and the gasket is fairly inexpensive in price. If you're taking it to a mechanic to replace you're water pump, I doubt they would recommend the oil pan gasket at that mileage.

Edit: jk it does look like a fairly common occurrence e90s lol so I guess it's pretty saddd. You need either a trusted indy mechanic, willingness to DIY, and/or a lot of $$$

Last edited by solidsleeper; 12-17-2020 at 07:54 PM..
Appreciate 0