View Single Post
      09-01-2016, 01:11 AM   #2
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive18d M Sport

There are 6 screws you need to remove but before that you will have to remove the following:

- Center console cover along with the shift knob
- Rear center console cover
- Center armrest
- Foot control trim panel
- Handbrake cover
- USB/AUX port
- Black shiny plastic radio cover.

In the attached image:

- you need to remove rear center console cover to access screws '1'
- handbrake cover for screw '2'
- center console cover and shift knob for screws '3'.
- for screw '4', there's a screw cover which you will have to pry out to access the screw.

Be careful while taking the shift knob and center console cover out as there's cable connection - one that connects the gear knob and the other connects the iDrive controller.

Unplug any cable connections under the rear center console cover. I had to unplug quite a few as I have baseplate and center console DVD.

Also, pull the handbrake as far up as possible.

Check if there's anything on the way.

Now you are ready to pull it out You will have to pull it towards the rear and lift up from the rear. Now, just a heads up, in my case I have few clips on top of the center console storage that was hitting the radio housing so broke a clip but still couldn't remove the center console completely as I hadn't remove the USB/AUX port as I just couldn't . So be careful while removing the center console. I had to get it done with it only half removed as I was just installing a cable for 6NR retrofit. I will be doing it again as I have to install more cables as there's audio sync issues on the videos. So, good luck
Attached Images

jaeezzy...

Last edited by jaeezzy; 09-01-2016 at 01:19 AM..
Appreciate 0