02-08-2014, 02:20 PM   #10
Royleblue
Private
England
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 18d Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrjy;*****546
That was one of the issues I was having when speccing my X1, there were some things I wanted but because they were included as part of a package I decided to forget them as the other things in the package I wasn't interested in but am being forced to pay for them even if I didn't want them.
I know what you mean. I wanted cruise control and front parking sensors so had to order the 'Driver Comfort Package' which includes the lighting package (which I probably would have gone for anyway), but the parking sensors are only audible and the audio display is only a narrow strip in the radio. To get a visual display for the parking sensors and more info for the radio/iPod I had to order the Satnav which I won't use that much. When I was looking at Audis, they let you order most things individually and have packages that combine things at a lower price, but then again if you wanted a sunroof you also had to order the lighting package (which included the vanity mirror lights) so they're all the same.
Appreciate 0