View Single Post
      07-16-2011, 07:14 PM   #29
69-2002on
Rep
Drives: 94 318i

I would have preferred to get an X1 20d and the high mileage and put off the truck purchase but with three vehicles with a combined mileage of 640,000 miles, I couldn't wait another year +, USA probably still won't get the diesel version, and the X1 can't pull the horse trailer and haul wood etc. The F150 barely feels the trailer, performs well, and is a great travel vehicle. So, like i said - my husband will choose the next vehicle and it's unlikely to be BMW so after driving BMWs for 40 years, i finally won't have one when the 275,000 mile 318 dies. I will go through withdrawals but our choice of a BMW has always been a smaller car for fun, reliability, and economy. BMW doesn't choose to market that in the USA anymore although I can't believe there is not a great market for it when you look at the sales of the Audi A3. If the diesel had come in Quattro, we would have gotten that.

How can the manufacturers call the X3, Q5 etc. "economical" SUVs (BFD 25-28 mpg) when an F150 gets 22 mpg and has greater versitility? The new Ford Explorer beats them handily too.
Appreciate 0