View Single Post
      10-14-2011, 02:04 AM   #1
idspispopd
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i (E89)

X1 - looking for owners' comments after months of use

I have an X1 (automatic) in mind to replace my 09 335i x-drive (standard) as my aging left hip is beginning to gripe at my clutch use, and getting in/out is becoming more irritatingly difficult.

I've read a number of posts about rattles and squeaks, concerns about size of the cabin, placement of the cupholders and the general fit and finish of the hardware on the dash. (I avoided the 1-series because of the latter last time 'round on a car purchase.)

I do a fair bit of country driving, not off-road but very rural, can be snowy, icy and/or wet, and run through the mountains from Calgary into BC a lot.

The X1 sounds like the ideal vehicle for us: decent cargo space, decent clearance (event with the M Sport pkg), handling not quite as fun as the 335i and somewhat better gas mileage.

So - that's all fine in theory.

How about the practice? Does the car really hold up as well as it seems? Are the "concerns" above really an issue for you?

Yes - it's expensive for the type of vehicle. Is it worth it fully loaded?

I've owned five BMWs, starting with a '73 2002 (fun!) and would be delighted to hear your comments, thoughts and experiences. Please and thanks!
Appreciate 0