View Single Post
      07-18-2011, 12:51 AM   #23
AusX1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1 2.0D Sport

Official BLACK X1 Photos Thread

Must have ordered my car in March because it was made on April Fool's Day. After a wait I've finally picked it up. Any anxiety I had about the unknown aspects of a car I hadn't been able to view in realife have been put to rest well and truly. I only had one test drive back in March, so I'd overlooked a lot of things. I couldn't be happier with mine now it's here.
My main concerns were
Look of the car in black - fantastic and the bonnet looks a lot more muscular/aggressive than I remembered. Really like the curve lines and the convexity of it. Lines,grills,highlights don't disappear in the black like I thought they would. Do not like the fat hips when I view the car from 45 degrees at the front, only aspect I don't though.
Sports Suspension - fanatastic ride and comfort and wouldn't even describe it as hard at all. Really well sorted. More than capable of handling my driving abilities (limited as they are)
M Alloys - not too bling, love the look, just right for me. Don't like 18"' at all, so my 17" give a good appearance ratio of rim/tyre/wheel arch/rest of car - in balance.
MSport pack enhances it superbly. Dark cross hatch aluminium trim looks great. M sills help with the sporty illusion. I wanted a car for onroad only, so didn't like the regular or xline look even though they would be more rugged. Touch points (seats, gearstick,steering wheel) have a superb feel to them all. Short shifter works a treat, leather on wheel feels spot on.
Sport Seats wouldn't want it without them, so comfortable and supportive. Range of adjustment allows high seat for visibility and super low for the sporty feel of sitting down level with the tyres. Wish the passenger seat would drop too as it's a real obvious difference in height when you drop the driver's down.
Road Noise bit of tyre noise fine with me. Would really like to be able to hear more engine noise though. Cabin's a bit quiet. I want to know how hard the engine's working by volume, not just the rev counter.
Clutch "noise" Clutch pedal seems to transmit a lot of engine vibration which concerns me. Can't remember a car ever being like that?
Back Seat spent a couple of hours riding back there and plenty of room, but nowhere near as comfy as the fronts.
Black headliner creates great feel inside, but missed out on sunglass holders and have flip out handles there instead.
Options could have gone on and on, stopped at MSport, Leather and metallic paint. Would have liked xenons after all, but initially thought it looked a bit bugeyed. Have come around to like that look now. Never mind. If I did get them I think it would have been the thin end of the wedge and I would have gone stereo upgrade, XDrive, Sunroof, etc etc ... so I stopped it there.
USB wouldn't work with my Buffalo micro SD card. Bought a $40 16Mb 5mm stubby USB that won't be read by the stereo. Would have been perfect as almost invisible it's so small. $8 4Mb regular size one works a treat, just doesn't hold much and looks ugly. Need to sort that out soon.
Have done 1000km's and engine feels a bit tight, so looking forward to opening it up a bit more after another 1000 K's.
Fuel economy 6.0L/100km for the 1st 1000K's.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0