11-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #4
Gort
Klaatu Barada Nikto
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3-35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelson86 View Post
I too was very frustrated with the garage door opener. I tried and tried to get the thing to sync, but it would never even pass the first step, let alone "learning" the code. During the first programming step the light on the mirror would only flash slowly for about 55 seconds and then stop. It never started flashing quickly.

I tried changing the battery in my opener remote to no avail, tried many different combinations of distances, which button I pushed first, etc. Luckily, I was in need of a new remote for another vehicle because the old one had been lost. Lo and behold, after ordering a brand new remote and programming it with the opener, it was able to program my X1 with no problems at all exactly as stated in the directions.

I would suggest going to a home improvement store and buying a new remote to program the car. If it works, you have a second remote (only about $10) or you could just return it to the store. Good luck!
Your experience is exactly what I am going through - it will not complete even the first step, just blinks slowly and then eventually goes out. My Chamberlain remote will open the door from a block away so it is obviously not weak, so I can't see how getting a new remote would change anything? What was involved with programming the new remote with the opener? Maybe that is the magic step?
Appreciate 0