View Single Post
      10-27-2012, 01:19 AM   #68
krispykreme
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
Actually, you're missing the point. I agree that there's a lot more to a M car than horsepower. I'm just saying that the M sport package x35i already has most of those things. I don't know what your deal is - maybe you're from the UK and haven't seen the American M sport package yet?

Yeah, no. Curb weight X5 x50i 5379lbs. Curb weight X5M 5368lbs. So much for your theory.

Really? Because the X5M has a ZF 6 speed auto - and so does the X1 35i M Sport. Fail once again.

X5M and the X1 both have X drive....lol

Link please?

I'll give you this - so far, your main arguing point for an M car is "warranty." Nice.

The X1 M Sport already has sport seats with large, fully inflatable side bolsters.

Actually, based on your inaccurate info above, it appears that you've never driven one besides your M3. And you've clearly never driven an M sport SUV. I've driven the e46 and e92 M3's, as well as the 2012 X6M.

And once again, in addition to the above things, the M Sport X1 already has an M suspension, M steering wheel, M wheels, M tires, M bodywork, and M DTC software. I mean, the steering wheel, wheels and tires, side sills, and even the seats can literally bolt right into "real" M models.

Because the X1 is a lifted 1 series? You're aware that they are based on the same platform, and that you can even interchange suspension and exhaust parts, right? Hell they even have the same engine.

So are the X5M and the X6M - "real" M cars according to BMW. This is exactly my point - your beloved days of hardcore M cars are gone forever. So if the only metric you use to define a "real" M car is BMW's badging, than the X1 35i M Sport is pretty damn close. Including the SIX M badges that come on the car stock.
Son.

1. I have been to europe many many times. I can tell you they know what American M package looks like. Because those cosmetic parts, european market actually gets it earlier than US counter part.

2. You do realize that X5M comes with a lot more equipment and features as compare to regular X5 right?

3. Just because both uses ZF 6 speed automatic. does that automatically means that they are the same transmission??? You want to go take a look?

4. M sport suspension? please tell me you are not serious. As a former owner of 135i M sport, I can tell you that 1M rear suspension is different from M sport. In fact the rear differential and rear suspension came from E92 M3 and shares none of the 135i M sport rear.

M tires?
Let me tell you something.

My 135i M sport came with so so tire. Potenza RE050.
The 1M came with Pirelli P11, which is much better than RE050.

M DTC software-
Last time i check, my 135i does not have MDM nor does it allows me to change the timing of throttle response.

You can put on any badge you like. I don't care. But please don't over estimate M- badge cosmetic parts.

Last edited by krispykreme; 10-30-2012 at 07:45 PM..
Appreciate 0