View Single Post
      02-22-2018, 02:25 PM   #14
falconey
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 f80cs, 21 f97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja Gio View Post
Just saying - it is possible that you have comfort access, but a fob that’s not programmed for it. I have 3 keys - 2 will do comfort access, the third won’t - but it will unlock the car (push button) and start the car (insert in slot).
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackx1x35 View Post
You can look up if your car has Comfort Access or not using the link above from KWX1, but also in my experience the Comfort Access door handles have the ridges on the door handle where you put your thumb to lock the car. Non Comfort Access does not have these ridges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busta Rib View Post
You should have Comfort Access. You will see ridges on the top of the door handle where your thumb would normally rest when grabbing the door handle. I recently bought my car used and the dealership explained this to me that Comfort Access came with every car but was originally an option and not every car had it enabled. I think it will cost a couple hundred bucks to enable it or it was enabled at the factory if the original buyer checked off that option. Good luck.
Yeah I don't have it. Comfort Access is listed as option for my E90 and not for the X1 and it doesn't have the ridge on the handle so doesn't appear that it can be enabled. Well at least not door entry. Gonna be a major adjustment. I've nearly left the key in the ignition 10 times already
Appreciate 0