Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i N55 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinim3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skhmund View Post
How was pricing for you, like is there any haggling on price or not much?
There's always haggling on pricing. A salesman put it to me best, the sticker window price is there for suckers who will actually pay that. When I bought my M4 the dealer was charging an absurd $20k higher than MSRP. Which quite frankly deters most buyers from even stepping foot in the dealership. But the salesman knew I knew my stuff, and he was more than willing to negotiate below sticker even for a car that high in demand. But they also sold a car at $20k+ MSRP cuz there are people who are willing to pay it. Not me. I never pay higher than even sticker for a car.

Now you're not gonna get a huge, huge discount since it is limited production but a few grand off is totally reasonable. You still want these guys to make money. An easy way to know how much they paid is to to go edmunds TMV and put in the car with the options. it'll tell you what they paid. http://www.edmunds.com/tmv.html" rel="ugc" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://www.edmunds.c...m/tmv.html</a> - just make sure there's some profit in there for them too.

It does depend a lot on the supply at the moment as prices tend to spike when a shipment sells out (usually a shipment is a few dozen cars to a region every few weeks). So timing is important, as dealers with more than one in stock are probably more likely to make a deal - of course getting the color you want means you might have to do a dealer trade which most dealers are willing to do. The only option that are must have are the Nav package and potentially the Sports exhaust. But word of caution on the sports exhaust it doesn't actually make the car louder, it just let's you get a deeper tone. So if you want louder, just go with the stock exhaust and get an aftermarket exhaust later. you'll save a $1000 bucks. I got the sports exhaust but it's just too quiet.

Also buying slightly used is a good option.

I've found that I'm most able to get good deals when I convince the dealer that
A) I'll be a repeat customer as well as likely to send them referrals and
B) Promise to give them a perfect score on the satisfaction survey and write great Yelp reviews and such (usually reserve this towards the end of the negotiation). Salesman get bonuses based on their satisfaction scores.
C) Always, always, always talk to the "Internet Sales Manager' rather than the regular sales team. Reason being that the internet sales mgr is paid based off of volume of cars sold rather than the commission on each individual car sold (at least most dealers).

Oh and the best trick of all, is simply to walk away. Even just the notion that you're walking out (politely of course) is when the real magic negotiation starts happening. With the M4 I think I said no thanks about 4 times before they finally gave me a price I liked haha
Awesome! Thank you!

How does the V8 sound compared to say the S65 or the Coyote 5.0 in the mustang?
Appreciate 0