View Single Post
      06-03-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
Kennyboy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 Xdrive 28i

28i Xdrive steering feel individual differences

I've mentioned this issue in my other post. Over the weekend I took out a 2014 28i Xdrive sport -line as a loaner car from my service center. The car has only 1800 miles on it and is in perfect shape, well-loaded without the navi. As soon as I started driving it, I noticed its steering was way lighter than my own 2014 28i Xdrive, a X-line. I had to get out the car to see if it was a Sdrive, but no, it was indeed a Xdrive model. The steering of this car was nearly as light as a new 3 series. My own 28i's steering feel has always been very heavy since day one, and I believe most of you 28i owners know what I meant by it being heavy. Upon returning the loaner and getting into my car today, I immediately felt the steering difference again. It was like I was driving two completely different models. How could two identical Xdrive 28i has of the same model year has completely different steering feels? I believe the Sport line and X lines are only different in cosmetic issues. Both my car and the loaner runs on the same 18 inch Pirelli sp tires. Now I feel totally confused.
Appreciate 0