Thread: Costco deal???
View Single Post
      11-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
Eric5273
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1

You can do better than $2k off MSRP. I did almost $4k off MSRP on mine and it is a much less expensive car. Given that there is not as high a markup on options, you should still be able to match that. I'd look for at least another $1500-1800 off, which will translate into about $50/month lower lease rate.

Here's what you do..... First decide on the exact spec you want. If you are placing an order this makes life easier since you don't have to find the exact car on a dealer lot. Use the online configurator at bmwusa.com and print out your final car that you intend to order.

Then go into the dealership, meet with your salesman, tell him you are ready to give them a deposit and place the order today if they can give you the price you want. Before he leaves to go find out, tell him that if he cannot match the price, it does not mean he will lose your business, but you will need to go to some other BMW dealerships to see if they can give you that price.

This avoids any game playing and usually gets you the price you want. Plus with BMW Financial dealers are able to lock in a lease rate even on an ordered car, so best thing to do may be to negotiate the lease payment instead of the buy price. Just make sure all costs are itemized on the contract, including doc fee, bank fee, sales tax, motor vehicle fee, etc.

When I was shopping I was initially quoted a lease price of $365 (tax not included) on a car with a MSRP around $36,300. I went back and told him I wanted the lighting package thrown in and offered $360. He came back in 5 minutes and told me it had been approved.

BTW, I did look into both Cosco and Truecar.com, but neither one had prices as low as I was able to negotiate on my own.
Appreciate 0