View Single Post
      07-31-2015, 09:35 PM   #1
Zuerst
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive28i M

Additonal 900 miles on odometer after "repair"

So I took my mineral white X1 M trim in for repair after a truck with a front grill gashed/scratched the driver side rear quarter panel and rear door (while it was park... and I see it unfold in front of my eyes).

Took the shop almost a month (gave me the oh this is a special color and we need to take our time thing) and I finally get to pick up the car today. I rushed off to return the rental before they close (because this is the last day insurance will pay for rental). Now that I had more time to look over things, the odometer has an additional 900 miles. The back rear bumper on the driver side has a couple long scuffs and a faint dent on the mid region of rear bumper. The black gloss finish around where the driver and rear passenger door meets (window area) has swirl scratches from what appears to be motorized wax machine/pad. There is also some discoloration/scratch? to the underside of the passenger side panel/skirt.

Now they say they had to paint/finish the driver/front door as well to blend the color a bit better (and the color is not far off, though the paint/pearl effect is more coarse pattern than factory pain), and took off the side badges and that BMW sent them the wrong model side badges and for me to come back after they get the correct badges from BMW likely sometime next week.

I left a message about the scratches on bumper... oh and a big dead mosquito inside the driver side tail lamp assembly. Have not called to mention the 900 mile odometer discrepancy yet.

Now 20 or even 50 miles I can understand... but NINE HUNDRED MILES?!?!?!??? What the heck!!?!?!?!! What would you guys do in this situation?

Last edited by Zuerst; 07-31-2015 at 09:40 PM..
Appreciate 0