View Single Post
      03-08-2015, 11:13 AM   #4
Shredjim
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 x28 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoul View Post
I’m new here and I just got my first X1.

Previously I had a 2004 325XI Wagon that I absolutely loved, and then a 2008 328XI wagon that I didn't care for so much.

And then there’s the X1. I bought it last Saturday and I couldn't be happier. It’s like my 2004 wagon with everything upgraded.

It a Valencia Orange 2013 Xline 28i with 2,500 miles on it ( yes, you read that right). It has every option including Xenon lights.

I’ve been reading the site a bit and now comes the list of the things that I am going to do. I swear this will be as bad as my motorcycle.

First off, there are a lot of shiny part that I want to make black. It has more than I have seen on another one.

This will include the rocker panel and window trim. The roof rails are also silver and I want to make black, do in need to change these or can I Plastidip them?

Then I’m thinking that I’ll probably do the H&R Springs. Everything that I have read on this site makes it seem like it’s the bomb, so who am I to disagree.

After that I will be looking at some performance upgrades. Not much, I just want it to be quicker when I step on the pedal. It’s like there is this lag for a moment before it picks up. Right now my 2003 forester is quicker (for a brief period) than my X1, and I want to remedy that.

Here’s another question – Wheel spacers – What’s the gain in that mod?
If you don't like all the chrome parts, maybe you should not have bought a car with the x-line trim? Too bad you are in Md. cause I would offer to swap my black parts for your chrome ones. I already upgraded to the 18" 322 wheels that come on the x-line because I think think they are the best looking X1 wheel. How do you like the run flats compared to your other BMW's that probably didn't have them? I ditched them for regular Michelin tires.
Appreciate 0