View Single Post
      05-17-2016, 01:17 PM   #166
kychungkevin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xdrive28i

I had the 2016 X1 loaner for 2 days and I understand why Tracus have those impression. First IMO the car does look better inside and out in stock form; it is also bigger. The material actually kind of the same if you look deeper but the new one seem to hide the plastic better. The front seats are the worst part, the seat bottom is too short I think its the worst seat I ever sat on and my sport seats are way better.

The car FEELS quicker only because they tune throttle more sensitive especially in sport mode (e84 doesn't have drive mode); and it FEELS better in handling because the initial steering turn in is quicker. The body roll is more and with the quicker steering you would feel you are going corner quick instead you aren't. Once being push you know it isn't that great. And the engine have this weird note (fake?) that doesn't sound natural. Shift is smooth however.

Yes the new F30 328 (especially non-M sport) is super soft but the turning still have some BMW DNA to it, so is X3 and X5 and everything else. But the new X1 doesn't have the same driving DNA at all. On the other hand it give a great impression to most who test drive it and that's what BMW is aiming for.

To me the new seat is the deal killing for me. But I may still recommend the new X1 to general public over Q3 and GLA250.
Appreciate 0