Drives: .

Garage List
2012 X5 xDrive50i  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 X6M  [0.00]
2013 Suzuki Bouleva ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstolpner View Post
It's interesting what you're saying about the steering feel being better. I didn't test drive the F48 X1, but I did test drive the 2015 X3 and found it to be very underwhelming - I imagine the F48 has the same steering rack so I'm surprised that you say it's better. Very interested to see it for myself if I get a chance to test it as a loaner on a service (not that I'll need one in the next 6-12 months... Lol)
I had the new X3 loaner several times, and its electronic steering is horrible. Very underwhelming car indeed. Ditto for the new 328 and 528. I also had X4 m40i loaner, which is based on the X3, but its electronic steering is far better tuned and I very much enjoyed the car. In my m235i electronic steering is nothing short of awesome. So with electronic steering its all about how they tune and set it up at the factory, and they did a very good job on the new X1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstolpner View Post
I'm glad to see a positive review of the F48 - like most I basically wrote it off as a soccer mom car, feeling there is a missing niche where our E84 used to be, but maybe not all is lost.
Well, I'm still critical of the new X1 as I would much prefer if it was RWD based, offered 6 cylinder engine, and kept that lifted wagon shape vs a cute-ute. It is indeed a chick car, but it's a lot more pleasant to drive than the more expensive X3.
Appreciate 0