03-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
BigDave
Certified
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3 20d MSport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bottle View Post
The car should still be under warranty and if there is a fault BMW should not charge you. That said I am sure in the handbook it does say Stop Start will not work if battery is drained and heated seats on short journeys will drain battery, that's also mentioned. If the car is diesel you may have problems with the Cat Converter soon as well as short runs do not generate enough heat to burn off some particles that damage Cat. I reckon you should put it on a duel carriageway/motorway once a fortnight/month and enjoy the ride while charging the battery and heating the Cat
Good luck...
Hi Blue Bottle,

Got reply back from BMW. It is all my fault for all my short journeys and probably using heated seats, auto lights during winter months. My reply back is that during testing the R & D dept should test car for all types of customer. They test in cold & hot conditions, so must test for long journeys and short journeys. Car should be fit for any purpose. I have done nothing wrong yet I have to pay.

I know about the DPF and should really take the car on a long run at least once a month. Although dealer said that taking it on a long run would not have fully charged battery. Not sure of they are trying it on or not. I await BMW's reply.

Thanks for your comments.
Appreciate 0