View Single Post
      02-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #11
edx1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
Incorrect, standard xDrives have 60/40 rear bias and M Sports have 80/20.
The 80/20 is referred to as "Dynamic Performance Control (DPC)" which if I recall only is active during cornering between 29mph and 57mph, or near those numbers. I'll have to dig later for the docs on this though to back up my statement.

Edit:
Found different documents, not the ones I remember. I seem to think it might have been in a 3 series or X1 manual I read about the speeds.

In this document it states it's a mechanical clutch for each rear wheel:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...MoGF2fwmcwQ5jA

In other forums for bmw models people state that it's purely software controlled and costed either $100 or $300 depending on the model for this option to be selected (or done via coding for free)

You can also google and find references on bmw pages that state that some models are even brake based. No coding docs are out for the X1 so I don't know if the X1 uses braking or a clutch and if the clutch is in all X1's and just enabled via software or if it's a unique clutch to the MSport but my assumption is it's there on all xDrive for traction control and there's a software tweak to give extra biast to the back.

Online there are also references that the 80/20 biast is on all the time and other pages that state it's only under hard acceleration in cornering.

If someone has specific info for the X1 let us know.

Last edited by edx1; 02-26-2013 at 05:30 PM..
Appreciate 0