04-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #371
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
Not sure what you're saying here, the JB4 can clear all codes, not just "engine" codes. I've personally done so.
Sure - but you won't know what the codes you clear are, without documentation that goes beyond the N55 codes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
In my situation, I simply removed the JB4, drove for a few miles to make the code come back, and then took it in since I knew it wasn't mod related. Worked perfectly.
Yes, that'll work, as long as you can quickly reproduce the problem/code. Thus the "that comes and goes" in my example.

To summarize as answer to the question that was asked:
Potential downsides to installing the BurgerTuning JB4 kit include:
- You may lose warranty / free service. This depends on your dealer and/or whether you are willing to hide your tuning.
- Before service, you should remove the tuning kit. This isn't just for hiding that you've been using one, but because the mechanic is unlikely to know what effect the tuning kit has on the OBD-2 output.
- For the same reason, and/or to hide your tuning, you might want to clear the codes that might have been thrown before taking it in.
- If you clear all codes through the JB4, you also clear those not related to the tuning. If you want the service rep to take a look at them, you need to be able to reproduce the codes.

Looks correct?
Appreciate 0