View Single Post
      08-21-2018, 07:29 AM   #9
bvanlieu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jereisluke View Post
Thanks all for the input so far. That's interesting that the BMW dealer basically told you that lifetime fluid doesn't really mean lifetime fluid.
Dealers with a clue are aware of this fact. Most US customers never drive their cars this far, so from a point of view it is a life time. BMW lifetime is semantically 100K miles.

All that being said, good plan to do the fluids 60-75K range. IMHO transmission is the biggest one to do: ZF makes a good transmission, and I trust them a bit more then BMW on the maint interval. Most kits come with the Mechatronic sleeve but to me if that is dry leave it be no need to replace. No affiliation, I used https://www.thectsc.com/ for their kit on the 335d. ZF fluid is more but I am fine with that, if not there are a few other fluids that carry the same spec.

While its up in the air, do not forget the transfer case fluid. Its not a lot of fluid, but it is a PITA to get to on the X Drives.

Our N55 just crossed 62K and I plan on doing the driveline fluid change within a year.

- b
Appreciate 0