Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revcrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest M235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revcrazy View Post
There is simply no passion in BMW anymore like Porsche, Ferrari and a couple others have. They are simply about a business case and churning out as many cars as possible.
As someone who's owned 2 generations of M3's, 550's and now a brand new owner of an M235xi, I couldn't disagree more...

That little 235 is fast as hell, spirited as all get out and underscores BMW still knows how to build a car the enthusiast will covet..
I've also owned many bmws mostly all M cars over the last couple generations. I do not think they have passion like that of Porsche, Ferrari and a few others.
The m235 isn't bad to drive, but isn't anything special. Still is very heavy despite its very small size and basic features. I just don't see it having the passion just that all the other bmws have gotten so soulless it makes you think that but not compared to other cars that truly have soul and real character.
I don't recall the m235 doing very well when it was in road and tracks performance car of the year either.
BMW has more passion and dedication than ANY brand in the world. Look at the club membership numbers, track series variations and attendance, etc... BMW is uber enthusiastic. BMW cannot lose its fundamentals. It's the heritage, focus, detail and simplicity that's drawn us to fanaticism.
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0