View Single Post
      05-17-2016, 07:47 PM   #167
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by kychungkevin View Post
Yes the new F30 328 (especially non-M sport) is super soft but the turning still have some BMW DNA to it, so is X3 and X5 and everything else. But the new X1 doesn't have the same driving DNA at all. On the other hand it give a great impression to most who test drive it and that's what BMW is aiming for.

To me the new seat is the deal killing for me. But I may still recommend the new X1 to general public over Q3 and GLA250.
BMW knows it audience well though (i.e. non enthusiast commuters). My wife had an F30 335 with the option 704 passive sport suspension and 19s and she liked the steering (lighter) a lot better than her replacement E84 X135. She thought the suspension firmness on the 335 was "good enough" too. The sport 8AT gearbox on the F30 is head and shoulders better than the antique 6AT in the X135 as well

The old in cabin tech in the X135 is also pretty obvious, with the gauges the same as my old '08 328, and it is missing nice to haves like side cameras and heads up display

I like the E84 X135 a lot, and I'm glad we have it, but if the new F48 X1 could be leased for a lower price, I would probably have gotten it for the newer in cabin tech and lighter steering (wife's car, so what she wants matters a lot).
Appreciate 0