Drives: .

Garage List
2012 X5 xDrive50i  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
2017 X6M  [0.00]
2013 Suzuki Bouleva ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
My experience is totally oposite: the vehicle is waaaay behind the E84, seats, materials, interior design, shifter(that is a total laughable element!!!), engine, are a disaster, a step back. A big step back.
The seats ar smaller and taller, more like the toilet seat, with no support for long legs. The seating position is far away from the old X1 which has a touring inspired chassis, more confortable and pleasant for long drives.
In regards with the driving dynamics, I don't know how you can compare it with a 328 for example that is more solid and has a better chassis. They don't even compare. The new X1 drives like a FWD car, there is no sense of balance or driving dynamics, if you have enough experience with the BMW lineup, you can tell that it has no BMW genetics.
Just the fact that you are saying that the sedan chassis is worse (basic common technical sense), proves to me that either your experience is limited, either your senses are not there. I stop giving you any credibility after that, and your comment in regards with the older shifter and the new one convinced me that there is no sense to go further. But you are entitled to your opinion, which is based on your perception.
My conclusion is very strong:
The old one is responsive, powerful, balanced and a true biased RWD that has a true personality.
The new F48 X1 is a big failure.

BTW! Mine is one of the first ever in this continent, it has five years soon, and has no rattles, or noises, or other things that you mentioned. Materials are excellent, well put together, car is well built, no complaints, we totally love the car. I really don't know what are you talking about. Really.
First of all, my post was not meant to criticize the old X1. I still absolutely love it, and find it a great value - but it is based on an excellent but nevertheless dated 2006 platform, and was due for a refresh.

I'm a big fan of BMW, I had a 335i coupe, 745i, and currently have X1, X5 and m235i - so I certainly have plenty of experience with BMW lineup. However I've been very critical of new model BMWs, particularly the current 3 series. It does not seem to have any BMW genes, and drives a lot worse than our old X1s. I was expecting the new X1 to be even worse when it comes to driving dynamics but I was pleasantly surprised. To me it has very similar driving feel to E84 and I even found its electronic steering a bit quicker and sharper. Neither one of these cars are particularly sporty, but for what they are they both feel lively.
Appreciate 0