PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Respectfully... Why did you decide on a Model 3?
Can't speak for the OP, but for what it is worth, the biggest reason I am interested in an electric car (in general, not necessarily a Tesla) is the time saved on maintenance. This covers both day to day use, such as the ability to "refuel" at home instead of stopping at the gas station every few days, as well as the elimination of longer-term ICE consumables such as oil and spark plugs.
This... less wear & tear and less maintenance on my gas/ice cars plus having a car that is ready to go since I can keep my TM3 charged at home.

My previous EV (Spark EV) truly was the economical choice and what hooked me on the benefits of having an EV. Was cheap to own, cheap to drive, and its size made it great for commuting and driving around the city.

The other reasons for the TM3 was
- autonomous driving especially in south OC traffic. My drive has been much more relaxed. I just pick a lane, activate autopilot, and sit there enjoying my coffee and breakfast sandwich while the guy in the fancy luxury car next to me is juggling his phone and coffee and texting (I know extreme example but I'm trying to paint an extreme picture. There's nothing more luxurious than a car that can drive itself
- the interior is just so different... very minimalistic and relaxed. My wife hates hates hates the wood dash... I love it because it reminds me of an eames lounge chair (one day I'll have one). I love midcentury modern design in the home and this car just echos that.
- after driving the Spark EV I wanted something that was both EV, self driving, and felt like a near luxury sedan I can share between me and my wife. I didn't want to acquire a fancy luxury + another EV cause that would mean a lot of cars... 4 is my max and I want to leave room for other fun cars on my list like a Porsche 911. (I'm planning on maybe getting lowering springs on the TM3 so I know my wife can drive a 911 without damaging it... her commute is short anyhow then I can get rid of her car)

Pleasant surprises
- the TM3 audio system is one of the best I've heard in a car hands down. I'd say it's just as enjoyable as my bowers and Wilkins home theater at home (for comparison it's not any home theater... I've got dual subs and separate amps to each speaker)... just makes my commute in autopilot so much more enjoyable
- the more I push the handling the more I feel it's similar to Porsche than M3... low batteries, and rear engine make the front end quick to input and gets the rear end to stick on throttle out of turns
- not being a performance model and it's still quick... in fact I've found a hack to have quick access to programmed drive modes... kinda like M modes in my M3 so I can quickly change settings and go from chill mode to race mode.
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4463.00