View Single Post
      08-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #9
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrakaknox View Post
me too please. I had a 2004 supercharged cobra and it was fast - this vid shocked the hell out of me.. Are you sure he didn't blow something and let off?
The Cobra didn't let off he just wasn't that fast. Your 2004 is much faster. I think his is a 1999 or something. The GTO may have let off towards the end it seems like, but only in the last second or two. I out-launched him because of AWD, but he was keeping up with me pretty good until I started to pull away and then it seems like he let off.

But guys....one thing to keep in mind. I am using very high octane fuel, if you know what I mean...

I might be going back Wednesday...will take some more vids. Debating starting a website www.yougotbeatmymysuv.com and posting "wall of shame" videos

On our cars the launch is key since we will have lower trap speeds (heavy and not very aerodynamic, plus we have the bad midpipes that have secondary cats where the normal 335's don't).

Brake-boost to 2500RPM and launch in 1st gear, shift at 5700RPM. I was cutting 1.75 60ft times, which is basically where I won the race against people that were doing 2.2s. Every .1 seconds in the 60ft is good for .2s total e.t.

So in other words, a 1.7s 60ft time with a a 107 trap speed will get you 12.7s. But if you mess up the launch and do a 2.0, your time will be 13.3s even with the identical 107mph trap speed. The GTO and Cobra were getting over 2.0s 60ft, so they had no chance.

Last edited by paradoxical3; 08-24-2013 at 06:55 PM..
Appreciate 0