mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
Hi all you BMW lovers out there.
I am a newbie so go easy on me. I have owned RAV 4's for about 7 years now & my latest one is now over 3 years old. Didn't want to get a new one as I don't like new grille. Ordered 18d x drive in October & should pick it up at end of the year. My RAV4 has all season Yokohama tyres and they are brilliant in the white stuff. This was my only concern when ordering the X1 & my salesman couldn't help. He hadn't a clue what type of tyres would come with the car but assured me their X1 demo had no problems last winter. I think the X1 has all season Continental tyres but I am not 100% sure. In Auto Express magazine they did a test of winter tyres along with an all season tyre & a summer tyre. The summer tyre was terrible in the snow however the all season was not far behond the winter tyre. If your car has all season tyres there is no need to fit winter tyres.

Before I ordered my X1 I read all the threads on it & made up my mind from these. So thanks to all of you who made good comments about the X1. Can't wait till mine arrives.
Hi Again Big Dave, I am just down the road from you. I double checked my tyres again and they are Pirelli Cinturato's and marked as all season. I only got mine 2 months ago (MY11) so I would expect yours to come with the same. My local dealer is also offering a set of Pirelli SottoZero winter tyres on steel rims for £1200. Have not gone for them yet but after the snow we have just had I wonder how much of a difference they will make. I am happy to report though that the X1 has performed brilliantly these last few days. That is after I had dug it out
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0