View Single Post
      11-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #5
BeemerBoy48
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328xi Exec Edition Space grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleCrumble View Post
My friend and I picked up our X1s from the same dealership on the same day. Yup..we liked it so much we each got one at the same time

Mine had no problem but hers had vibration on the 2nd day after pick up from the dealership. She said the vibration was so great that her whole body shook with the steering wheel (it always happen between 100 - 120km). Brought it in for a check and they said all the tires have flat-spotting on them so the dealer swapped out the entire set and gave her new tires. But she had to bring it back for a second time because the vibration was still there but less noticeable. The second time they road force balanced it and said there were extra weights on them . She is happy to report that the car is now fine...no more vibration.

I would also suggest you bring it to a different dealership then the one you got it from for the check because that's what my friend did. They ran a diagnostic on the tires and identified the flat-spotting issue.
Thanks for this - I can't wait to see what they tell me when I go to pick it up. I'll keep this thread updated with what I learn
Appreciate 0