01-21-2014, 11:12 AM   #10
Sackman1886
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 sDrive 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1saster View Post
On my first E90 i got little crack almost under the hood. I went to the dealer for an oil change and when I picked it up the crack had extended all the way to the top of the windshield. Complained to the dealer being their fault since the car wasn't drivable and they replaced it at no cost to me. My second E90 got a crack on the top right at the green stripe. Still drive it like that since it's not visible from the outside (I can get fined). When I got my X1 the dealer tried to get me signed for higher monthly payment and I caught it (always read what I'm signing). To "reimburse" me for the hassle they offered me either free windshield protection or free body damage protection. Without even thinking I accepted the windshield protection.

To the OP question windshield is not covered by the car's warranty like any body damage. Many insurance policies have separate glass damage coverage.
Very interesting - thank you for the info. I am checking with my insurance today. I am hoping that they can just repair the chip, and I won't need the entire windshield replaced.
Appreciate 0