11-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #27
Eric5273
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapaluaGirl View Post
If we're comparing price points, then maybe a fully loaded Acura RDX for $38K would be a better option for someone looking for a smoother ride and "good" performance over rough roads. But once again, totally different vehicle than the X1...
The Acura is a very nice car. I did go and look at it. If they had a decent lease program I would have considered it, but the numbers actually came out about $120/month higher than the X1.

When you are leasing, the MSRP of the vehicle does not always indicate what the lease price is. BMWs happen to lease really well, and if you don't load the X1 up too much, you can end up with a lease price of less than 1% of MSRP. My car will be $360/month with $0 down (taxes and fees upfront). MSRP is $37,225.

My budget was $400/month max. So the reality of my shopping experience was that none of the other "premium" SUVs had lease prices that were comparable to the X1. My other alternatives were the Mazda CX5, Mini Countryman, Honda CRV, Subaru Forester & XV Crosstrek, etc. Given that, it was an easy choice.
Appreciate 0