View Single Post
      08-03-2015, 01:49 PM   #22
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeevette View Post
I think part of the problem, is we expect complete connectivity these days, and get it on Hondas, to Kias, for no extra charge. I admit, I bought mine assuming the USB/BT was like almost every other car, cheap, or pricey, included as standard equipment. Well, they are there, just partially disabled. Big BMW turnoff for me, just for being misleading.
I understand. I guess it's different viewing it as a "car guy" vs. an average consumer.

While I'd want the connectivity, would I not buy the car I wanted (from a powertrain/chassis/etc. perspective), simply because it didn't have a USB port for playing music with my ipod or whatever? That seems insane to me.

I'd buy the car, and if I really cared about it, I'd spend $100 to install whatever I needed to make it work.

Now I get I'm not an average consumer in that regard, quite the opposite. But it's hard for me to wrap my head around.

I was reading a thread the other day about a guy who couldn't decide between an '08 convertible E93, or an '09 coupe. He really wanted the convertible, but liked the newer idrive better. He bought the coupe.

To me, it's insane that you would sacrifice the type of car you want (vert), for something like a better navigation unit. I don't even feel the need for in-dash navigation these days given wide-spread cellular coverage.
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)
Appreciate 0